Monday 12 March 2007

Back from the brink...

Firstly, apologies to any readers (and I'm pleased to say I have some - quite a surprise) for not posting anything sooner. Over the weekend a combination of personal reasons and the discovery that my girlfriend's laptop will not load Blogger 2.0 meant that I was unable to comment on any of this weekend's happenings. So may I try and repair any damage:

Hurrah. A win. Just. At this stage of the season though, I'm not complaining about style. To be honest, we deserved about four in the first half as we ran Luton ragged. How we didn't score is beyond me and is no doubt a cause of fustration to all involved. On the training pitch I expect those chances fly into the back of the net. Cresswell put us ahead and I think he is definitely the key to our survival. If only he had been fit all season! The inevitable Luton fight-back came in the final twenty minutes and for once Lady Luck smiled on us when despite Matt Heath conceding a late, late penalty, the recalled Casper Ankergren earned his money by saving what was, admittedly, a wretched shot. Now, same again on Tuesday against Leicester please boys. Can someone let me know how the new loan signings performed? On a side note, I am not a huge fan of Dennis Wise, but anyone doubting the man's conviction only had to see his reaction to the win to see how much he wants to do well here. I can just see a glimmer of light and the end of the tunnel. The only downside was the results of those around us in the bottom six which were also good (or should that be bad).

I couldn't make the game and thus have not seen the infamous programme with KGB-style blacked-out paragraphs obscuring libellous remarks from the great bearded-one. Apparently it was Levi's phone number - tantamount to asking fans to harass the man's home. Not cool. And yes, financial stuff was published. And no, no-one still has a bloody clue who really owns us, how, and who benefits. Or how much money we might have for new players over the summer.

If only Manchester United had lost as well, it would have been close to a perfect weekend!

Marching on Together!

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I did see an on-line feed of the game. It wasn't the best of quality but better than nothing. There really was a 'verve' about the lads on Saturday, I was very pleased.
You can say what you like about Chairman 'Papa Smurf' Bates but there's never a dull moment with him is there? I wonder who the poor devil was who had to go through all the programmes with a felt tip marker lol.

Mick & Cathy said...

At this stage a win is a win and we needed them 3 points so badly.

Cresswell is a confidence player and I expect him to get better with every goal.

Wise is a fighter and like him or hate him he may be the type of person we need. One thing for sure he will not give up.

3 points Tuesday and another 3 on Saturday is what the doctor has ordered. I've a gut feeling we will do it.

Anonymous said...

We actually ran onto the pitch and took charge of the game from the start for the first time in ages on Saturday. White Rose Boy I hope you are right, I'm not sure my little heart can take much more.
Keep the White flag flying high!
Love Anon