Thursday 10 May 2007

Players out, buyers in...

Wise and Poyet are having a belated spring clean and are clearing out some of the dead wood and some still living, healthy wood (if youa llow me to continue the metaphor). Hayden Foxe and Robbie Elliot are off and few tears will be shed. Foxe was useless and Elliot was mostly injured. Ian Moore is also leaving. I have no idea why. He expressed an interest in staying and as I have previously mentioned (and some commentators too) he played like he actually gave a damn. He would have been a decent player quality-wise in League One and I think Wise has made a big mistake. We shall see.

More finance news - is there any other type at Elland Road these days? Two new bids have emerged to rival Bates. As I mentioned before, both the creditors and the FA have to approve his purchase (sorry, re-purchase) of the club. Ex-director Simon Morris has launched a £10m bid on the promise of a £400m leisure complex and a new 50000 seater stadium. Don Revie's son, Duncan, has also put his name into the hat saying he has "middle-east" investors and that his only problem would be finding a manager good enough to take control of the team. Blimey. Now, don't call me a cynic, but in both cases - I'll believe it when I see the green, as the Americans would say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please god, not Morris. He was one of the Krasner criminals.

Anonymous said...

Well said.