Wednesday 30 May 2007

Book Review

What's this you say, a Leeds fan able to read? Surely not?! But, alas, it is true. I greatly enjoy reading and so it is somewhat strange that it has taken me this long to get around to purchasing and reading the critically aclaimed novel The Damned United by David Peace.

It tells the story of the tumultuous 44 days that Brian Clough managed Leeds United. I've yet to finish it having only started on the train this morning but I'm already engrossed. I've listed other Leeds books I own below and a brief summary. If any readers would like to recommend other books, oh hell and VHS or DVDs, then please do so in the comments.

The Unforgiven - A dark tale of how one of England's greatest teams became the most despised in the country. A classic expose of the Revie era.

Leeds United: Player by Player - A good insight into the greats and not-so-greats that have pulled on the famous white (and not so famous blue and gold) jersey since the year dot.

And, er....that's it I'm afraid. Like I said, please recommend others for my education and I promise to give them and you a mention.

No comments: