Tuesday 10 April 2007

Apologies for absence (and that's not our defence)

Hello, and many apologies for not posting over the last week or so. I've been off on holiday and seeing as most of my bloggin is done whilst at work (in my lunch hour of course) I haven't been as diligent as I should have been.


It appears I am not the only one. Our defence went walkabout yesterday for ten minutes and it cost us the game. I can't complain though. Look at our last two wins and it's much the same story. However, just when hopes had been raised, two wins in a row and Lewis giving us a good start those upstarts from Essex steal the show and dump us back into the bottom three.


Wise says more defensive training is needed. In April!! What the f**k have they been doing all season. Pop quiz folks: you are bottom of the league with the worst defensive record. What do you focus training on to remedy the situtation? Is it a) defence; b) defence; or c) DEFENCE?


The results against Southend and Plymouth were excellent news (and I can't help but have a wry smile at Luton and Blackwell's plight) but they were not spectacular performances. The loss to Colchester should bring us back down to earth ready for a tough match against Burnley. Jabba at LeedsFans.org put it precisely when he said the last thing we need is to go to Derby on the last day of the season needing anything to stay up.


Hopefully, normal service shall now resume. That's me and the lads.

No comments: