Tuesday 24 April 2007

On the brink....


Apologies once again for a somewhat prolonged absence. My work continue to employ IT nazis who refuse to believe my rambling monologues about my beloved football team are relevant to my job?!?


Back to business. When I left you last time, I had begun to believe we could escape relegation. We scraped a win against Burnley at home thanks to Matty Heath. I don't want to sound callous but he's been useless most of this season so it's about time he did something useful. We have played like a League One team for too long this season and in the end that will bite. It did against Southampton on Saturday.


Thommo's sending off was harsh and is to be reviewed on Wednesday but with only ten men a draw was the best result we were ever going to get. Unfortunately, Bradley Wright-Phillips popped up six minutes from time and made our situation grim.


There are endless conotations as to who can go up or down and how. Find them yourselves if your interested. All I know is that short of victories against Ipswich at home (possible) and Derby away (errr....probably not) we are heading down. Hull have easier games and they look in better form. Leicester and Barnsley have to play each other.


Leeds have never played in the third tier before and contrary to opinions, it is not easy. We made the mistake of being that arrogant when we got relegated from the Premiership. Pray people - pray I tell you, I've been told the Lord dresses in all white!!

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Beat Ipswich on Saturday is a must as Hull will either lose or draw at Cardiff.
We then just have to match what they do on the last day, assuming they win against Plymouth that will make Derby a Cup final and funny things happen in Cup Finals.

Lets not forget we won out last match in 1962 to avoid dropping into the old third division so we have been here before and survived.

DC said...

Let's hope say eh. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I have classic signs of PMT - Pre Match Tension...
Am taking it out on my nearest and dearest at the moment. My friends suffered a string of expletives when on a country walk on Saturday afternoon with no mobile signal, I returned to Soccer Saturday's painful final scores. My boyfriend says I am talking in my sleep, fitful rest indeed.
Dear God, let Saturday go our way...
Love Anon

Anonymous said...

I logged in today looking for wise words after yesterday's nail in the coffin - where are you ??

Love Anon

And yes, I cried when they equalised - we knew it was all over then.